Veracel intends to become worldwide benchmark in sustainability and distinguish itself as an environmentally correct, socially fair, and economically viable company.In line with this, a Sustainability Agenda was prepared, consisting of a set of actions seeking to ensure:
- The business competitiveness
- The best environmental practices in forest management
- The best environmental practices in pulp production
- A strong social commitment
- An active dialogue with stakeholders
- The generation of positive economic impacts for the region
The commitments which guide the Veracel’s activities are:
1. To promote actions aimed at enhancing competitiveness through:
- Operational excellence;
- Search for low costs;
- Ongoing fulfillment of specified requirements for products and services;
- Maintenance and improvement of customer satisfaction.
2. To promote actions for the continuous improvement of its integrated management system and encouragement for the participation of employees in adopting the best practices for prevention, elimination or reduction of:
- Generation of waste and liquid and air effluents;
- Risks related to safety, health, environment and individual and social well being, considering all stakeholders in the Veracel’s activities.
3. To comply with all laws applicable to Veracel’s activities, including rules, codes of best practices, standards and certifications to which Veracel becomes a signatory.
4. To incorporate, implement and uphold in its forest management activities and custody chain the principles and criteria set up by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the National Program for Forest Certification (Cerflor).
5. To promote actions aimed at contributing to the sustainable development of the municipalities where Veracel has activities.
6. To keep an ongoing, transparent communication process with customers, suppliers, partnering companies, employees, society and government.
7. To train its employees and encourage the qualification of suppliers to perform their activities in professional and responsible fashion, regarding environmental, quality, health, safety and labor relation issues.
To adopt sustainable practices
and technological excellence
to turn renewable resources
into high quality blanched pulp
To become worldwide
benchmark in sustainability
- Results-oriented commitment
- Relationship based on ongoing
- Integrity and transparency
- Respect for the environment
- Social responsibility
- Customer satisfaction