Aimed at encouraging the participation of rural producers from the region in the forestry business and foster wood production in rural properties in the Far South of Bahia, Veracel implemented the Forestry Producer Program (PPF) in 2003.
PPF makes eucalyptus wood production viable in the land of producers, generating a new source of income to them by acquiring the wood they produce. Veracel finances the cost of all forestry operations, transfers all the technology it has developed and ensures the required technical assistance to implement and maintain the projects.
The first wood produced in PPF was received in 2011. For this purpose, the company requires a proof that the property complies with the existing laws. In addition, PPF encourages the partnering producers to recover natural areas by donating seedlings of native species.
In addition to guaranteed acquisition of 97% of the wood produced, producers are entitled to sell the remaining 3% to the market, as firewood, timber for sawmills, fence posts, stakes, charcoal and other purposes, therefore increasing the usage of reforested wood according to certification standards and reducing consumption of native wood.Supply came together with an achievement: Forest Handling certification.
Two norms – Cerflor and its principles, and FSC® – Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC-C107658 / FSC-C11049 / FSC-C111054) and its principles – ensure proper attention to all environmental and social issues related to eucalyptus production.
Since 2014, PPF’s certification process of has been coordinated by the Association of Eucalyptus Producers in the Deep South of Bahia State (Aspex).
PPF now comprises 96 forest producers, who are responsible for 20% of all the wood supplied to the mill.
Veracel’s Forestry Producer
Program, please contact us
by telephone (73) 3166-1516